Regular Commissioners Court Meeting
Jim Hogg Co. Courthouse, 102 E. Tilly
Hebbronville, Tx 78361
August 10, 2015
9:30 A .M.
Call to order by the honorable Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
- Roll call by the Honorable Zonia G. Morales, Jim Hogg County Clerk
- Pledge of allegiance
- Public comments - this section provides the public the opportunity to address The Commissioners Court on any item on the agenda. Members of the public wishing to participate must register on the public participation list specifying which agenda item they wish to comment on.
- Adoption of minutes
- Departmental reports
- Approve bills
- Approve payroll for July 31,2015.
- Dispense with regular order of business.
Reports and presentations
- Presentation of civil engineering consultants plan and specifications for TDA project #7214240. An action item. (Requested by Javier Zambrano, Eco. Development)
Deliberate and consider on the following items
- Budget amendments and/or budget line item transfers.
A) Amend and transfer $4000 from 0125-0400-0450 supplies to 0125-0400-0455 in the 5310 budget. [Requested by Raquel Segovia, Social Services Director]
B) Amend and transfer $12,000.00 From Housing Inmates-Duval co. (10-300-440) To jail expense $4000.00 (10-540-380) And feeding prisoners $8000.00 (10-540-396) [Requested by Sheriff Alarcon]
- Review proposal from TXU Energy for electrical power services. Presentation by Amando Chapa & Edgar Barajas.
- Review bids for copiers and possibly accept one.
- Request from American Legion to change name of Mesquite St. To “Marcos Hinojosa St.”
- Request from the Jim Hogg County I.S.D. Athletic Dept. For usage of county airport.
- Approve dell payment for the months of July, August & Sept. 2015 In the amount of $1667.84 From the Asst. District Funds Computer Tech (67-400-480). (Item tabled from previous meeting) [requested by J.P’s Dept.]
- Bill from Funeraria del Angel Howard Williams. [Requested by County Judge Humberto Gonzalez]
- Cancel library consultant agreement for library services with Mr. David Price effective 08/31/15. [Requested by County Judge Humberto Gonzalez]
- Imposition of optional fees for calendar yr 2016 (TXDMV).
- County Clerk asking for Commissioners’ Court to accept 2016 sheriff’s and constable fees as presented by Sheriff Alarcon.
- Approve certified values for 2015. [Requested by Norma Hinojosa, Tax Assessor/ Collector]
- Approve the 2015 anticipated collection rate. [Requested by Norma Hinojosa, Tax Assessor/Collector]
- Notice of proposed tax rate. [Requested by Norma Hinojosa, Tax Assessor/Collector]
- Approve the payment of election judges (same as last election) and clerks for early voting in person starting on Monday Oct. 19,2015 - Friday Oct. 30, 2015 From 9 am - 5 pm, including Saturday Oct. 24, 2015 From 9 am - 3 pm for the constitutional amendment election held on Nov. 3, 2015 As follows: presiding judge: $10.00 Asst. Presiding judge: $9.50 Clerk: $9.00 (To be paid out of elections 66-400-405) [requested by County Clerk Zonia Morales]
- Approve to pay office staff at County Clerk’s Office and Tax Assessor’s Office for hours worked after 7 hr. Per day during early voting period which begins 08/01/15 Thru election day 11/03/15. Please note that the Clerk’s office and Tax Assessor’s office are required by law to open on election day at 7 am and to remain open until polls close at 7 pm and at least two people stay until the final results. (To be paid out of elections 66-400-405) (requested by County Clerk Zonia Morales]
- Approve advertisement for notice of election for constitutional amendment Election on November 3,2015 (to be paid out of elections 66-400-405) [requested by County Clerk Zonia Morales]
- Pay Adela Garza the amount of $3000.00 For taking care of the constitutional amendment election on November 3, 2015, backing up the election voting machine before and after election, lat testing as required by law, backing up election on CD, tallying and any other election duties required of her. (To be paid out of elections 66-400-405) [requested by County Clerk Zonia Morales]
Resolutions and proclamations
- Adopt resolution to support and participate in the South Texas Development Council and confirming the appointments of representatives from the County of Jim Hogg, Texas to serve on the board of directors of the South Texas Development Council for the period of Oct. 1, 2014 to Sept. 30,2015.
- Adopt resolution for the submission of a grant application to TXDPS division of emergency management, hazmat preparedness grant. [Requested by Javier Zambrano, Eco. Development]
- Consultation with attorney.
- Personnel matters
A) employee complaint
Note 1 Govt code Ann 551.071, Consultation with attorney note 2 gov’t code Ann 551.072, Real property
Note 3 Gov’t code Ann 551.074, Personnel matters
Note 4 Gov’t code Ann 551.076, Security
The Commissioners Court will consider the following items in executive session. The Commissioners Court may also consider any other matter posted on the agenda if there are issues that require consideration in executive session and the Commissioners Court announces that the item will be considered during executive session.
Pursuant to the authority granted government code, chapter 551, the Commissioners Court may convene a closed session to discuss any of the above agenda items. Immediately before any closed session, the specific section or sections of the Government Code, Chapter 551 that provides statutory authority will be announced.
Dated 6th day of August, 2015 by: Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
Certification of notice and posting
I, the undersigned, County Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the Jim Hogg County Commissioners Court, is a true and correct copy of said notice, and that i posted a true and correct copy of said notice on the bulletin board at the courthouse of Jim Hogg County, Texas, at a place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the 6th day of august, 2015 at 10:55 am/pm and said notice remains so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Dated this 6th day of August, 2015.
By: Zonia G. Morales, County Clerk.