Regular Commissioners Court Meeting
Jim Hogg Co. Courthouse, 102 E. Tilley
Hebbronville, Tx 78361
Call to order by the Honorable Humberto Gonzalez County Judge
1. Roll call by the Honorable Zonia G. Morales, Jim Hogg County Clerk
2. Pledge of allegiance
4. Public comments - this section provides the public the opportunityto address the Commissioners Court on any item on the agenda. Members of the public wishing to participate must register on the public participation list specifying which agenda item they wish to comment on.
5. Approve bills
6. Approve payroll for September 25,2015
8. Dispense with regular order of business.
Reports and presentations
Deliberate and consider action on the following items
9. Budget amendments and/or budget line item transfers.
- Amend and transfer 512,000 from reserve for library line item 67-400- 455 to asst. Dist. Legal fees line item 67-400-481.
- Amend and transfer $1,179.10 To Sheriff’s dept. Parts & repairs line item 10-540-330 from refund line item 10-300-331 on accident claim #AL 20l4-7298-003 Check # 13568 (tag issued check to Jim Hogg Co. And not to T&R Sales and Repairs). [Requested by Sheriff Alarcon]
10. Consider and possible take action on a new telephone system, (VIOP) system from telecom. Presented by Mario Delgado.
11. After legal review, approve actual written contract with AIRMED.
12. Open, review and possibly accept bid for janitorial services.
13. Discuss proposal from ABC foundation for foundation work.
14. Fermin Alfaro, comm USA to present update on server, invoices. And discuss dept. Services.
15. Juan Gonzalez to develop upgrade emergency management plan for 2016,
16. Museum Foundation requesting $2,000 donation (line item 52-300-0302). For museum improvements.
17. Workforce Solutions for South Texas to set-up career training and job search computers in the library and assign one of their employees to assist in the process.
18. Approve memorandum of understanding between Behavioral Health Solutions of South Texas and Jim Hogg County, Courthouse and Library.
[Requested by Marcella Huerta, CHW, promotora]
19. Incumbent $6000.00 From street materials line item 11-420-0434. [Requested by Commissioner Sandalio Ruiz]
20. Approve TXDOT grant for routine airport maintenance program.
21. Approve payment for the amount of $150 payable to the Texas Justice Court Training Center. [Requested by Justice of the Peace Julia Huff]
22. Accept resignation and remove from County payroll Raquel Segovia effective 09/30/15 and pay any monies owed.
23. Authorize County Clerk to advertise for Nutrition Center part-time clerk.
24 Approve monthly tax collection and adjustment report for August 2015. [Requested by Norma Hinojosa, Tax Assessor/Collector]
25. Approve District Attorney forfeiture budget; [requested by Rudy Gutierrez]
26. Approve Julie Garcia as wellness coordinator for Jim Hogg Co. Resolutions and proclamations
Closed session (551.07125)
A) consultation with legal counsel in regards to food pantry operations and matter related thereto.
27. Action and relation to matters discussed in closed session.
Note 1 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.071, consultation with attorney
Note 2 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.072, Real property
Note 3 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.074, Personnel matters
Note 4 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.076, security
The Commissioners Court will consider the following items in executive session. The Commissioners Court may also consider any other matter posted on the agenda if there are issues that require consideration in executive session and the Commissioners Court announces that the item will be considered executive session.
Pursuant to the authority granted under Government Code, Chapter 551, the Commissioners Court may convene a closed session to discuss any of the above agenda items. Immediately before any closed session, the specific section or sections of Government Code, Chapter 551 that provide statutory authority will be announced.
Dated this 25th day of September, 2015.
By Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
Certification of Notice and Posting
I, the undersigned, County Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the Jim Hogg County Commissioners Court, is a true and correct Copy of said notice, and that I posted a true and correct copy of said notice on the bulletin board at the Courthouse of Jim Hogg County, Texas. At a Place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the 25th day of September, 2015 at 9:15am and said notice remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the schedule time of said Meeting.
Dated this 25th day of September, 2015.
By Zonia G. Morales, County Clerk