Regular Commissioners Court Meeting
Jim Hogg Co. Courthouse, 102 E. Tilley
October 26, 2015
Call To-Order by the Honorable Humberto Gonzalez County Judge
1. Roll Call by the Honorable Zonia A Morales, Jim Hogg County Clerk
2. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments - This Section Provides the Public the Opportunity To Address the Commissioners Court on Any Item on the Agenda. Members of the Public Wishing To Participate Must Register on the Public Participation List Specifying Which Agenda Item they Wish To Comment on.
5. Approve Bills
6. Approve Payroll for October 23,20! 5.
A) TXDOT County Assistance Program Allocation for FY 2016
B) Purchase Orders. [Requested by County Auditor & County Judge]
C) Implementation of Timeclocks. [Requested by County Treasurer Gloria Benavides]
Reports and Presentations
8. Report on Small Fire at Motorpool. Presented by Placido Garza, County foreman.
Deliberate and Consider Action on the Following Items
9. Approve Budget Amendments and/Or Budget Line Item Transfers.
10. Joseph Briseño, Res Yes Rep., To Discuss With Possible Action, the Adding of Meters To Existing Agreement.
Il Approve Single Audit Report for FY 2013/2014 From Canales. Garza & Baum, P.l.l.c.
12. Discussion of Cost and Possible Approval of Bis Digital Recording Pc System for County Court and Commissioners Court.
13. Approve South Texas Food Bank Member Agency Agreement.
14. Approve Software, Materials, Hardware, and Technical Support for Food Pantry Totaling $3,200.
15. Discussion of Hebbronville Food Pantry Compliance Review Follow-Up.
16. Remove Maria Nellie Gonzalez From County Payroll as of 09/25/15 [Requested by Gloria Benavides, County Treasurer]
17. Approve Funeral Expense of $320.00 for Indigent Citizen as Billed by Funeraria Del Angel Howard-Williams.
18. Approve Purchase of Materials for Timecards. [Requested by County Treasurer Gloria Benavides]
19. Approve Courthouse Security Fund Budget for Fy 2015-2016. [Requested by Alicia Vasquez, Asst. Auditor]
20. Approve L.E.O.S.E. Fund Budget for FY 2015-2016. [Requested by Alicia Vasquez, Asst. Auditor]
21. Approve Monthly Tax Collection and Adjustment Report for September 2015, [Requested by Norma Hinojosa, Tax Assessor/Collector]
22. Approve Recommendation of Lowest Bidder Contractor for TDA Project # 7214240 and Negotiated Contractor’s Bid and Balance. [Requested by Javier Zambrano]
Resolutions and Proclamations
23. Proclaim Nov. 7,2015 as the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Day. [Requested by Richard Sanchez]
24. Adopt Resolution To Support and Participate In the South Texas Development Council and Confirming the Appointment of Representatives From the County of Jim Hogg, Texas, To Serve on the Board of Directors of the South Texas Development Council for the Period of Oct. 1,2015 To Sept. 30.2016 and Pay Membership Dues for This Period.
21 Adopt Resolution Regarding a Contract for the Purpose of Financing a Telecommunications Project.
Executive Session - Section 551-.091/551.074 of the Texas Government Code 26, Discuss and Evaluate Food Pantry Employee.
27. Discuss Legal Issues In Connection With Food Pantry, Including 2Nd Incident of Food Bags Taken From Food Pantry and Security.
21 Open Session - Action on Items Discussed In Executive Session.
Note 1 Gov’t Code Ann 551.071, Consultation With attorney
Note 2 Gov’t Code Ann 551.072, Real Property
Note 3 Gov’t Code Ann 551.074, Personnel Matters
Note 4 Gov’t Code Ann 551.076, Security
The Commissioners Court Will Consider the Following Items In Executive Session. the Commissioners Court May Also Consider Any Other Matter Posted on the Agenda If there Are Issues That Require Consideration In Executive Session and the Commissioners Court Announces That the Item Will Be Considered Executive Session.
Pursuant To the Authority Granted Under Government Code, Chapter 551, the Commissioners Court May Convene a Closed Session To Discuss Any of the
Above Agenda Items. Immediately Before Any Closed Session, the Specific
Section Or Sections of Government Code, Chapter 551 That Provide Statutory Authority Will Be Announced.
Dated This 22nd Day of October, 2015.
By: Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
Certification of Notice and Posting
I, the Undersigned, County Clerk, Do Hereby Certify That the Above Notice of Meeting of the Jim Hogg County Commissioners Court, Is a True and Correct Copy of Said Notice, and That I Posted a True and Correct Copy of Said Notice on the Bulletin Board at the Courthouse of Jim Hogg County, Texas, at a Place Readily Accessible To the General Public at All Times on the 22nd Day of October, 2015 at 2:15 Pm and Said Notice Remained So Posted Continuously for at Least 72 Hours Preceding the Schedule Time of Said Meeting.
Dated This 22nd Day of October, 2015.
by: Zonia G. Morales, County Clerk