Regular Commissioners Court Meeting
Jim Hogg co. Courthouse, 102 E. Tilley
Hebbronville, Tx 78361
December 14, 2015
Call to order by the Honorable Humberto Gonzalez County Judge
1. Roll call by the honorable Zonia G. Morales, Jim Hogg County Clerk
2. Pledge of allegiance
4. Public comments – this section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any item on the agenda. Members of the public wishing to participate must register on the public participation list specifying which agenda item they wish to comment on.
5. Adoption of minutes
6. Departmental reports
7. Approve bills
8. Approve payroll for 12/04/15.
10. Dispense with regular order of business.
Reports and presentations
Deliberate and consider on the following items
11. Budget amendments and/or budget line item transfers.
12. Patti young, halo flight, requesting donation.
13. Approve ambulance report for November from so. Texas Air Med. [Requested by David de Los Santos]
14. Present letter from District Judge Garza for restitution orders.
15. Set dates for workshops for Animal Control Dept. and trash dept. [Requested by Commissioner Linda Jo Soliz]
16. Change payroll date from 01/01//2016 (new years holiday) to 12-31-15. [Requested by Gloria Benavides, County Treasurer]
17. Promote Zoila Ramirez to Chief County Deputy at the rate of $11.74 Per hr. Effective 12/14/15. [Requested by Zonia Morales, County Clerk]
18. Approve payment of election Judges and Clerks for both democrat and republican (see attached list) for early voting in person starting on Tuesday Feb. 16, 2016 – Friday, Feb. 26, 2016 From 9 am – 5 pm, including Saturday Feb. 20, 2016 From 9 am – 5 pm for the primary election held on March 1, 2016 as follows:
Presiding Judge - $10.00 Per hr.; Asst. Presiding Judge - $9.50 Per hr.;
Clerk - $9.00 Per hr. (To be paid out of elections 66-400-405).
[Requested by Zonia Morales, County/District Clerk]
19. Approve to pay office staff at County Clerk’s office and tax assessor’s office for hours worked after 7 hrs per day; during early voting period which begins 01/01/16 thru election day 03/01/16. Please note that the Clerk’s office and tax assessor’s office are required by law to open on election day at 7:00 am and to remain open until polls close at 7:00 pm and at least two people stay until the final results. (To be paid out of elections 66-400-405) [requested by Zonia Morales, County/District Court]
20. Approve advertisement for notice of early voting hours for primary election on March 1, 2016. (To be paid out of elections 66-400-405) [requested by Zonia Morales, County/District Clerk]
21. Allow County Clerk to hire a part time temporary Clerk (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm) to help office during the application for an early ballot by mail for the primary election held on March 1, 2016. Clerk will begin Jan. 1, 2016 Thru Feb. 26, 2016 At the rate of $8.50/Hr. (Estimate pay: 39 days @ 4 hrs/day x $8.50 /Hr. = $1,326.00) (To be paid out of elections 66-400-405). [Requested by Zonia Morales, County/District Clerk]
Resolutions and proclamations
Note 1 Gov’t Code Ann 551.071, Consultation with attorney
Note 2 Gov’t Code Ann 551.072, Real property
Note 3 Gov’t Code Ann 551.074, Personnel matters
Note 4 Gov’t Code Ann 551.076, Security
The Commissioners Court will consider the following items in executive session. The Commissioners Court may also consider any other matter posted on the agenda if there are issues that require consideration in executive session and the Commissioners Court announces that the item will be considered during executive session.
Pursuant to the authority granted government code, chapter 551, the Commissioners Court may convene a closed session to discuss any of the above agenda items. Immediately before any closed session, the specific section or sections of the government code, chapter 551 that provides statutory authority will be announced.
Dated this 11 day of December, 2015.
By Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
Certification of notice and posting
I, the undersigned, County Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the Jim Hogg County Commissioners Court, is a true and correct copy of said notice, and that i posted a true and correct copy of said notice on the bulletin board at the Courthouse of Jim Hogg County, Texas, at a place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the 11th day of December, 2015 at 9:15 am and said notice remains so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Dated this 11 day of December, 2015.
By Zonia G. Morales, County Clerk