Regular Commissioners Court meeting
Jim Hogg Co. Courthouse, 102 e. Tilley
Hebbronville, tx 78361
January 11, 2016
Call to order by the honorable Humberto Gonzalez County Judge
1. Roll call by the honorable Zonia G.Morales, Jim Hogg County Clerk
2. Pledge of allegiance
4. Public comments – this section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any item on the agenda. Members of the public wishing to participate must register on the public participation list specifying which agenda item they wish to comment on.
5. Adoption of minutes
6. Departmental reports
7. Approve bills
8. Approve payroll for 12/18/15 & 12/31/15.
A) U.S. Dept. of justice, criminal division letter.
B) Clerk’s office will be closing for 2 hrs. (10 Am to lunch) on 01/12/16 due to jury wheel online training. [Requested by Zonia Morales, County/District Clerk]
C) Jazmin Alvarado, new health counselor with Agrilife.
10. Dispense with regular order of business.
Reports and presentations
Deliberate and consider on the following items
11. Budget amendments and/or budget line item transfers.
12. Approve intergovernmental agreement between Jim Hogg Co and Duval County regarding housing of Duval Co. Prisoners in the Jim Hogg Co. Jail.
13. Halo flight donation request for $2,500 from the hotel/motel emergency use line item 52-400.
14. Approve new standard mileage rate of 54 cents per mile down from 57.5 Effective 01/01/16. [Requested by Gloria Benavides, County Treasurer]
15. Approve transfer request of Zoila Ramirez back to deputy Clerk at the pay of $9.93 Effective 01/11/16. [Requested by Zonia Morales, County/District Clerk]
16. Approve reinstatement of Kathy Morales as chief County deputy @ the pay of $11.74, With benefits, bond; and continue as notary effective 01/11/16 (pm). [Requested by Zonia Morales, County/District Clerk]
17. Approve monthly tax collection and adjustment reports for nov. And dec. 2015.
[Requested by norma hinojosa, tax assessor/collector]
18. Approve refund to kingsville title services in the amount of $1,345.96 (Parcel #853). [Requested by norma hinojosa, tax assessor/collector]
19. Review code enforcement requirements and develop plan to certify a code enforcer. [Requested by Julie Garcia, Commissioners Secretary]
20. Request reclassifying the 1/2 ft vacancy to a janitorial position with a salary of $7.25 Per hr., 4 Hrs. Per day after posting and interview process including permission for advertisement. [Requested by Petra Garcia]
21. Approve Dawson geographical Co. To use Jim Hogg Co. Roads and if any roads are damaged they will fix them. [Requested by Sandalio Ruiz, commissioner Pct. 3]
22. Request installing water heater for the annex building with a cost of $309.00 Plus materials needed. Labor will be done by John Treviño during working hours. [Requested by County auditor’s office]
23. Clarify motion made on oct. 26Th appointing Sandalio and Humberto Gonzalez
To represent Jim Hogg Co. On the STDC board as made by linda Jo Soliz seconded by Abelardo Alaniz. Correct the minutes and issue corrected letter to STDC.
Resolutions and Proclamations
Note 1 Gov’t Code Ann 551.071, Consultation with attorney
Note 2 Gov’t Code Ann 551.072, Real property
Note 3 Gov’t Code Ann 551.074, Personnel matters
Note 4 Gov’t Code Ann 551.076, Security
The Commissioners Court will consider the following items in executive session. The Commissioners Court may also consider any other matter posted on the agenda if there are issues that require consideration in executive session and the Commissioners Court announces that the item will be considered during executive session.
Pursuant to the authority granted government code, chapter 551, the Commissioners Court may convene a closed session to discuss any of the above agenda items. Immediately before any closed session, the specific section or sections of the government code, chapter 551 that provides statutory authority will be announced.
Dated this 8 day of Jan., 2016.
By Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
Certification of Notice and Posting
I, the undersigned, County Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the Jim Hogg County Commissioners Court, is a true and correct copy of said notice, and that i posted a true and correct copy of said notice on the bulletin board at the courthouse of Jim Hogg County, texas, at a place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the 8th day of January, 2016 at 9:30 am and said notice remains so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Dated this 8th day of January, 2016.
By Zonia G.Morales, County Clerk