Regular Commissioners Court meeting
Jim hogg co. Courthouse, 102 e. Tilley
January 25, 2016
Call to order by the Honorable Humberto Gonzalez County Judge
1. Roll call by the Honorable Zonia G. Morales, Jim Hogg County Clerk
2. Pledge of allegiance
4. Public comments - this section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any item on the agenda. Members of the public wishing to participate must register on the public participation list specifying which agenda item they wish to comment on.
5. Approve bills
6. Approve payroll for January 15, 2016.
A) sheriff’s dept to apply for CJD continuation grant for MCU 2016/2017. [Requested by Sheriff Alarcon]
Reports and presentations
Deliberate and consider action on the following items
8. Approve budget amendments and/or budget line item transfers.
A) Amend and transfer $2361.79 From line item 123-510-407; $1180.69 To line item 123 -510-311 and $1180.90 To line item 123-510-312. [Requested by Petra Garcia, Social Services]
9. Pay meals for Medina Electric employees in the amount of $47.09. [Requested by Chelo Herrera]
10. Payment of Dekra-Lite invoice and proposal for lights exchanged plus postage to return them. [Requested by Chelo Herrera]
11. Payment of the difference of $75.00 To Rey Fuentes.
12. Discussion by court on videos done by Rey Fuentes.
13. Request from the Museum Foundation of Hebbronville to use the courthouse grounds for April 23rd, 2016 for a Ranching Heritage Day Celebration. [Requested by Idalia Davila, Museum Foundation]
14. Present roof estimate for the museum and request of $3000.00 Of county funds for the roofing project. [Requested by Idalia Davila, Museum Foundation]
15. Donation of $100.00 To the Texas Tropical Trails Region from budget line item _________________________.
16. Consideration of an order designating areas in the courthouse and annex building essential for the operation of the courts of Jim Hogg County, prohibiting the possession of weapons in these designated areas and authorizing the posting of signs in the designated areas. [Requested by Rudy Gutierrez]
17. Re-appointment of the following members to the Jim Hogg County emergency district services #2 for a one year term:
- Tony Salinas
- Bo Winfield
- Juan Escamilla
- David Morales
- Carlos Maldonado III
Resolutions and proclamations
Note 1 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.071, Consultation with attorney
Note 2 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.072, Real property
Note 3 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.074, Personnel matters
Note 4 GOV’T CODE ANN 551.076, Security
The Commissioners Court will consider the following items in executive session. The Commissioners Court may also consider any other matter posted on the agenda if there are issues that require consideration in executive session and the Commissioners Court announces that the item will be considered executive session.
Pursuant to the authority granted under government code, chapter 551, the Commissioners Court may convene a closed session to discuss any of the above agenda items. Immediately before any closed session, the specific section or sections of government code, chapter 551 that provide statutory authority will be announced.
Dated this 22 day of January, 2016.
By Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
Certification of notice and posting
I, the undersigned, county clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the Jim Hogg County Commissioners Court, is a true and correct
Copy of said notice, and that i posted a true and correct copy of said notice on the bulletin board at the courthouse of Jim Hogg County, texas, at a place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the 22nd day of January, 2016 at 9:00am and said notice remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the schedule time of said meeting.
Dated this 22nd day of January, 2016.
By Zonia G. Morales, county clerk